We are seeking an experienced and professional Field Manager in residential and commercial landscape construction. The Field Manager manages production of Property Improvement/Construction work orders and contracts by performing the following duties personally or through subordinates.
Full-time, working 40-60 hours per week, weather permitting, Saturdays required
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Adhere to and uphold all Company safety practices, procedures and policies.
- Responsible for the execution and quality of the work order or contract, including acquisition of material, scheduling, installation, maintenance, and replacements.
- Plan and manage production schedules to ensure 100% on-time delivery of all contracted work.
- Motivate and supervise multiple diversified crews on a daily basis.
- Correspond with client relations manager, production manager, flower operations manager, technical manager, site supervisor, buyers, etc. on material status and production planning with a professional working relationship.
- Develop an understanding of customers’ needs and take actions to ensure that such needs are met. Follows the client standards as established by the Client Relations Managers and/or Project Managers and the client.
- Ability to communicate with customers to ensure constant customer satisfaction.
- Direct team activities, establishing task priorities, labor hour management, scheduling and tracking work assignments, providing guidance, and ensuring the availability of resources.
- Responsible for submitting accurate and timely paperwork, time records, work orders, reports, and other documents that are required.
- Responsible for the analysis of contracts and work orders with respect to capacity planning and material requirements.
- Achieve safety goals by training all employees to ensure safety responsibilities and having weekly safety meetings.
- Assist in the recruiting, selecting of qualified candidates for Site Supervisor, Driver, and Laborer, and performance appraisals in conjunction with human resources department.
- Utilize appropriate technologies to facilitate information management and record keeping.
- Communicate and resolve needs, issues, safety concerns and/or problems to supervisor in a timely manner.
- Develop and maintain good communication, high safety standards, and positive relations with coworkers, customers and the public.
- Represent the Company in a positive manner befitting our brand and image.
- Bachelor’s Degree required, and three to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read, write, analyze, and interpret work orders and contracts in English.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
- Must be able to communicate in Spanish and English, including: read, write, and with use of computers and phones.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook is required, experience in BOSS LM is a plus.
- Candidates must have a valid local driver’s license and maintain a good driving record.
- Required to pass a DOT medical physical according to DOT guidelines.
- A pre-employment physical and drug test is required after offer of employment.
- Will be subject to random drug screening.
- Ability to lift 75 pounds and perform physical field work.
- Must be 21 years or older.
- Ability to obtain pesticide licensing.
- Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States.