The Landscape Architect works with all areas of the company – sales, estimating, construction, and property improvement – to make sure projects are designed and installed to the highest possible standards.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or ability required.
- Support Landscape Designers, Surveyor, and Architects with all phases of a project.
- Hand graphic and computer-generated design support.
- Create with AutoCAD, Adobe, Microsoft, and SketchUp.
- Research product materials for information regarding weight calculations, construction methods, cost comparisons, etc.
- Assist in surveying, site inventory and analysis.
- Assist designers with permits including city code research, calculations, and applications.
- Contribute to residential and commercial landscape designs and drafting.
- Communicate with Sales and Estimating teams, Project Managers, Subcontractors, and Clients to develop a design that meets the client’s needs and wants.
- Work with Project Managers and Subcontractors to ensure design intent is followed through the entire installation phase. Meet on-site and in-office to work through construction details, problem solving on-site issues, and any other design components.
- Travel to jobsites to assist surveyor / designer to measure and analyze the site to evaluate it based on the project criteria.
- Communicate and meet with subcontractors and clients as needed for project development (occasional evening meetings, but generally during office hours).
- Contribute to development of department procedures and operating standards.
- Set priorities and meet deadlines in an organized, timely manner.
- Maintain good communication, high standards, and positive relations with coworkers, customers and the public.
- Represent the Company in a positive manner at all times.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Landscape Architecture or Horticulture with a focus on design required and one to three years related experience and/or training.
- Licensure as a Landscape Architect or intention to obtain licensure in Illinois and/or Wisconsin is a plus
- Strong understanding and practical application of the technical construction aspects of high-end landscape installation.
- Interested in hardscape and landscape design for residential and commercial properties.
- Knowledge of plant materials and hardscape.
- Proficient in AutoCAD is required, experience in SketchUP, Photoshop, and InDesign is a plus.
- Strong hand graphics is a plus.
- Has own transportation to participate in jobsite activities.
- Ability to meet short and long-term deadlines to ensure projects stay on track and meet client expectations.
- Ability to work independently and/or in teams.