Project Manager – Construction
We are seeking an experienced and professional Construction Project Manager in residential and commercial landscape construction. The Project Manager plans, directs and participates in job site activities which will efficiently and profitably result in a high-quality landscape installation leading to high customer satisfaction. Provide timely information regarding job related activities that will assist the Construction Manager and others, in making educated decisions about the Company’s future goals.
Full-time, working 40-60 hours per week, weather permitting, Saturdays required
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Adhere to and uphold all Company safety practices, procedures and policies.
- Promote a safe and positive work environment at all times.
- Responsible for coordination of all phases of landscape construction activities to meet or exceed both project and company profitability goals.
- Plan and manage production schedules to ensure 100% on-time delivery of all contracted work.
- Correspond with clients, salespersons, client relations manager, production manager, flower operations manager, technical manager, foremen, buyers, etc. on material status and production planning with a professional working relationship.
- Direct daily activities for multiple construction crews over multiple job sites, participate in team activities, establish task priorities, manage crew hours, schedule and track work assignments, provide guidance, and ensure the availability of resources.
- Review project plan and details with salesperson, construction manager, crews and support personnel via office meetings, site visits, emails, phone calls etc.
- Assist with permitting activities.
- Plan for and procure special equipment as needed on a site by site basis.
- Coordinate subcontractor/builder schedules with the landscape installation schedule to ensure smooth work flow.
- Inspect onsite work activities of company and subcontractor crews to ensure work is being performed correctly and to Scott Byron & Co. standards.
- Assist with site layout to ensure the design intent is met and as such is approved by the client and salesperson.
- Identify, negotiate and solve site/design problems and make changes in field, as needed.
- Understand and apply order fulfillment processes in an efficient manner to ensure project is completed on time and within budget.
- Review and approve time records, work orders, change orders, billing and accounts receivable in coordination with appropriate departments.
- Achieve safety goals by training all employees to ensure safety responsibilities and having weekly safety meetings.
- Utilize appropriate technologies to facilitate information management and record keeping.
- Communicate and resolve needs, issues, safety concerns and/or problems to supervisor in a timely manner.
- Develop and maintain good communication, high safety standards, and positive relations with coworkers, customers and the public.
- Represent the Company in a positive manner befitting our brand and image.
- Bachelor’s Degree required, and two to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Extensive knowledge of construction building techniques, including but not limited to: hardscapes, irrigation, fencing, bluff development, grading, drainage, planting, lighting and boulder work. Must have the ability to read and interpret; engineering, structural, grading, drainage, landscape and general construction drawings. General knowledge of village codes and permitting.
- Must be able to communicate in English, including: read, write, and with use of computers and phones.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook is required, experience in BOSS LM is preferred.
- Candidates must have a valid local driver’s license and maintain a good driving record.